Got a meat-and-potato lover in your household? This is the perfect dish for anyone who likes veggies, bratwurst (or sausages) and super-easy recipes.
All-natural brats are used in this recipe and piled in slices high on a bed of fresh prepared veggies. I used russet potatoes, but any potato would work in this dish. I also added in red bell peppers, zucchini and sweet onions to keep things healthy. This dish also gets a nice dose of heat from the spices, but if you aren’t a fan of spicy foods or have little ones, you might want to hold off on adding the red pepper flakes. Bonus: This easy dinner is also gluten-free.
Spicy one-pot bratwurst and veggie skillet recipe
Slices of bratwurst along with an assortment of vegetables and spices are roasted in the oven in this easy one-pot recipe idea for dinner.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- 4 medium russet (or other variety) potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 4-6 bratwurst (or sausage), depending on size used, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (omit if you do not want the dish spicy)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large skillet or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all the vegetables and the sliced bratwurst to the dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top, along with all the spices (except for the parsley). Using your hands or a large spoon, gently toss the vegetables to ensure they are all coated evenly with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Roast uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes (tossing halfway through) or until the vegetables are golden brown and the bratwurst start to crisp slightly.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with fresh parsley. Best served warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.