No-bake Red Velvet Cheesecake Is Unbelievably Easy to Whip up
This cheesecake recipe will have you at "red velvet" — the fact that it's no-bake just throws it over the top. That's right, you won't be toiling over a hot oven this Valentine's Day, but you'll still be able to whip up a romantic dessert.
If you are like me and really don't like baking, this is probably the best news you've received so far in 2017.
Cream cheese that has been softened to room temperature is blended with tart sour cream and red velvet cake batter mix, then poured into a chocolaty pie shell. All you have to do is chill this cheesecake until it sets. It's that easy!
More: Red velvet whoopie pies
I love adding a nice, big dollop of whipped cream on top before serving.
No-bake red velvet cheesecake recipe
Inspired by Taste and Tell
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup white cane sugar
- 1/2 cup packaged red velvet cake mix (dry)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate cookie pie crust
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, cake mix and vanilla.
- Blend on high until the batter is very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared chocolate pie shell, and spread evenly.
- Chill the cheesecake for 1 hour or until the cheesecake is very firm.
- Gently cut the cheesecake into slices, and garnish with a spoonful of whipped cream.
- Best served chilled.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below:
Updated by Sarah Long on 1/27/17