There’s no doubt about it. Breakfast foods are definitely the best. Can you think of any other meal that so swiftly interchanges with others? Besides the occasional slice of cold pizza, “dinner for breakfast” just doesn’t have the same ring to it as “breakfast for dinner.” And pancakes, my friends, are the best part of breakfast — which makes them the best of the best.
A stack of pancakes drenched in sweet maple syrup… Who wouldn’t want to devour that for dinner (or lunch or dessert for that matter)? We’re listing our favorite pancake recipes — everything from simple buttermilk pancakes to over-the-top, crazy-delicious pancakes.
1. Banana bread pancakes recipe
Start off your day with a batch of these banana bread pancakes, and what could go wrong? Nothing.
2. Skinny funfetti pancakes recipe
If your loved one is watching their weight, then make them a stack of these skinny funfetti pancakes — delicious and still healthy.
3. Reese’s syrup and double chocolate pancakes recipe
Reese’s syrup and double chocolate pancakes is the perfect stack for those lovers obsessed with chocolate.
4. Guiltless chocolate chip pancakes recipe
Another perfect option for a loved one who’s still working on healthier resolutions, these guiltless chocolate chip pancakes include mini chocolate chips — probably the most fun ingredient ever.
5. Earl Grey tea pancakes recipe
Does your special someone love tea? Then these Earl Grey tea pancakes will make them swoon.
6. Bacon-stuffed pancake dippers recipe
OK, here’s one for those sweet and savory lovers: bacon-stuffed pancake dippers.
7. Espresso chip pancakes recipe
Does your spouse consume more espresso shots than you can count? A stack of these gorgeous espresso chip pancakes will make them even more caffeinated and in love.
8. Oreo pancakes recipe
Oreo pancakes, for that boyfriend or girlfriend who sneaks the cookies in the middle of the night.
9. Boston cream pie pancakes recipe
Boston cream pie pancakes become extra special if your lover is from this city.
10. Red velvet pancakes with cream cheese glaze recipe
Our red velvet pancakes with cream cheese glaze are the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast.
11. Chocolate lover’s pumpkin-fudge brownie pancakes with chocolate Kahlua fudge recipe
Seriously, how amazing do these chocolate lover’s pumpkin-fudge brownie pancakes with chocolate Kahlua fudge look?
12. Strawberry, chia seed and cashew butter pancakes recipe
Is your lover a health nut? Make them these strawberry, chia seed and cashew butter pancakes, and they’ll know you truly love them and respect their healthy habits at the same time.
13. Lemon-ricotta pancakes with blueberry sauce recipe
Ricotta is a great addition to pancakes because it adds great texture and moistness to pancakes, like in these lemon-ricotta pancakes with blueberry sauce.
14. Caramel apple pancakes recipe
Use up those gorgeous seasonal apples, and make a batch of our caramel apple pancakes.
15. Lemon-chia seed pancakes with roasted strawberries recipe
We’re seeing more and more chia seeds in recipes because honestly, they are the perfect way to make a recipe healthier without much thought, like in these lemon-chia seed pancakes with roasted strawberries.
16. Apple ring pancakes recipe
Use a variety of apples in these apple ring pancakes for great flavor. We love using tart Granny Smith apples for bright flavor.
17. Buttermilk-sweet potato pancakes with coconut whipped cream recipe
Have some leftover sweet potato puree? Use it to make a stack of these buttermilk-sweet potato pancakes with coconut whipped cream.
18. Carrot cake pancakes recipe
Turn sugary carrot cake slices into carrot cake pancakes, and indulge without the regret of calories.
19. Orange, ricotta and chocolate chip pancakes recipe
Chocolate and citrus fruit work so well together, like in these orange, ricotta and chocolate chip pancakes.
20. Bacon and chocolate pancakes recipe
Salty bacon and sweet chocolate — how can you go wrong with these bacon and chocolate pancakes?
21. Rum and cranberry pancakes with butter rum syrup recipe
Warm up on chilly winter mornings with these rum and cranberry pancakes with butter rum syrup.
Originally posted February 2015. Updated October 2017.