It’s time for everyone to realize that avocado is capable of so much more than guacamole.
Avocado is the perfect pairing with so many things, from fruit and seafood to egg rolls and quesadillas. Roll out any of the awesome avo-liscious snacks below, and the guests at your Super Bowl party (or, let’s face it, you yourself) will name you the party MVP.
1. Cheesy stuffed and baked avocados recipe
This is some superior stuffing technique, people. And if you haven’t tried cooked avocado before, trust us: You’re in for a treat.
2. Steak fajita-stuffed avocados recipe
The only thing better than yummy steak is yummy steak surrounded by luscious avocado, as proved by this take on fajitas.
3. Grilled avocado with melted Parm and lime juice recipe
Image: Morsels & Musings
When something this easy tastes so good, you know you have to make it! Just a handful of ingredients make up this creamy, cheesy, spicy and tangy snack.
4. Avocado-stuffed crabcakes recipe
Forget cheese (for a little bit, anyway), and try stuffing your food with avocado! Here, crabcakes are stuffed with a silky cube of avocado, providing the perfect contrast to a crispy crust.
5. Goat cheese and avocado-stuffed portobello mushrooms recipe
This classy app relies on portobellos for a meatiness that even the staunchest carnivore will enjoy.
6. Crispy smashed potatoes with avocado garlic aioli recipe
Image: Oh She Glows
Who needs potato chips when you have crispy smashed potatoes drizzled in a garlicky avocado aioli? No one, that’s who.
7. Avocado mac and cheese recipe
Mmm… Cheese is delightfully creamy, avocados are delightfully creamy — it sounds like a match made in heaven to me!
8. Avocado, bacon and tomato toast recipe
Sorry, lettuce, but these BAT toasts are totally fine without you.
9. Avocado egg rolls recipe
Image: Damn Delicious
Avocado is the star of these egg rolls, and as soon as you take your first bite, you’ll know why.
10. Bacon-wrapped avocado fries recipe
Image: Kirbie’s Cravings
There’s bacon. And avocado. Need we say more?
11. Deviled avocado eggs recipe
Image: Luv a Bargain
Hold the mayo; avocado makes these deviled eggs creamier and healthier than the ones you’re probably used to.
12. Baked avocado fries recipe
Image: Creme de la Crumb
With a crunchy, crispy coating and a mouthwatering, tender inside, these fries will have you coming back for more. And more. And more…
13. Smoked salmon bites with avocado recipe
Image: Just as Delish
Start your Super Bowl party early with these smoked salmon and avocado bites. Serve with bagel chips and mimosas, and you’ve got yourself a game day breakfast to remember.
14. Cream cheese and avocado wontons recipe
Image: Budget Savvy Diva
Two decadent ingredients inside one crispy, carb-y shell make these snacks the perfect accompaniment to a nice, cold beer.
15. Avocado mozza puffs recipe
Image: Jo Cooks
These fancy little fellas feature a buttery puff pastry crust surrounding melty mozzarella and luxurious avocado.
South of the border
16. Avocado and spicy lime shrimp ceviche recipe
Get a little fancy, and swap out the shrimp cocktail for this spicy lime and avocado ceviche. Your seafood-loving friends (and self!) will thank you.
17. Spicy barbecue chicken and avocado quesadillas recipe
Cool avocado is the perfect foil to the spicy barbecue sauce in these ooey-gooey quesadillas.
18. Spicy shrimp quesadillas with chipotle-avocado sauce recipe
The delightful snap of fresh shrimp, a silky, smoky sauce, and a ton of cheese — what’s not to love about these quesadillas?
19. Vegan taco-stuffed avocados recipe
There’s something about tacos that makes them just perfect for game day, and this fun vegan take will ensure there’s a tasty snack for everyone watching the game at your place.
20. Baked black bean taquitos with avocado dipping sauce recipe
Avocado and black beans are a match made in heaven, and the way the avocado sauce coats these crispy taquito shells will have your guests begging for more.
21. Pomegranate-herb guacamole recipe
It’s not the Super Bowl without the guac, but this lively rendition, bursting with sweet-tart pomegranate and savory herbs like sage and thyme, will help switch up your game day spread.
22. Avocado hummus recipe
Image: Cooking Classy
If you want extra-smooth hummus, adding a luscious avocado, like in this recipe, is the perfect way to go.
23. Creamy avocado daiquiri recipe
Avocado in a cocktail? Sign me up! These creamy avocado daiquiris are a game day must.
24. Avocado and strawberry margarita recipe
Image: Created by Diane
Creamy, sweet and tart, these colorful margaritas will be the star of your Super Bowl bar.