Heart-shaped Nutella-strawberry French toast stacks make breakfast sexy
I've never been a fan of breakfast in bed. I mean, who really wants to eat in bed, getting crumbs everywhere, with morning breath and bed head? Um, no. However, I'd gladly wake up to this waiting for me in the kitchen on Valentine's Day morning.
French toast is like the ultimate special occasion food to begin with, but when you add Nutella, strawberries and whipped cream to the mix, it becomes the perfect romantic way to start the day. Don't skimp on the bread either — challah is the way to go if you really want to impress your sweetie. The buttery thick slices are where it's at for this impressive stack.
Heart-shaped Nutella-strawberry French toast stacks recipe
A special breakfast you can make in just 20 minutes for your special someone on Valentine's Day.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices thick-sliced challah bread, cut into heart shapes using either a cookie cutter or freehand with a sharp knife
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat the griddle or skillet over medium heat, and grease with either butter or baking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, coating on both sides, and place on the hot griddle. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until browned and crispy.
- Remove the bread from the griddle, and let it cool for a minute.
- Spread Nutella on the top of 1 piece, layer the strawberries on top of that, and continue stacking to make 3 layers.
- Top with whipped cream if desired, and serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.