Other veggies may come and go, but kale is here to stay.
What’s not to love about kale? It’s a nutritional powerhouse, incredibly versatile and, of course, delicious. Whether you use lacinato or curly, purple or red leaf, these 25 kale recipes prove that kale is king.
1. Kale frittata recipe
You’ll feel great about your day when you start it with a healthy dose of kale.
2. Kale and caramelized onion stuffing recipe
Sorry, Stove Top, but your stuffing has nothing on this mouthwatering dish.
3. Spicy garlic kale chips recipe
Who knew kale could be so addictive? In the oven, it gets just as crispy and delicious as potato chips, with none of the guilt.
4. Kale Caesar salad recipe
Caesar salad dressing packs a powerful punch, and kale is its perfect opponent.
5. Raw kale and grapefruit salad recipe
The tang of grapefruit is the perfect complement to this sultry green, while toasted pine nuts add a lovely crunch to this salad.
6. Spaghetti with braised kale and walnuts recipe
Kale and noodles tangle together in this pasta dish, accompanied by a shower of freshly shaved Parmesan and crunchy walnuts.
7. Cheesy, creamy kale dip with pita bread recipe
Um, drool! This vivid green dip is like pesto’s sexy older brother.
8. Grilled kale and pancetta risotto recipe
Risotto doesn’t have to be all about the cheese; here, kale takes the wheel.
9. Pizza-flavored kale chips recipe
These are the perfect snack for game night or movie night. You won’t even miss the faux nacho cheese.
10. Garlic kale pasta recipe
This pasta dish proves that kale and garlic are a match made in heaven; sun-dried tomatoes add a pleasantly sweet and acidic counterpoint.
11. Kale-pesto pizza recipe
If there’s kale on the pizza, that means it’s healthy, right?
12. Cheesy bacon and kale potato skins recipe
Image: Pinch of Yum
It’s nice to see a good veg like kale get so darned naughty. Melty cheese, smoky bacon, roasted potato — need I say more?
13. Cheesy kale and turkey-stuffed zucchini boats recipe
Image: Green Lite Bites
Food-in-a-boat is always more fun to eat, especially when it involves cheesy kale.
14. Creamed kale recipe
Image: Nutmeg Nanny
Who ever said kale couldn’t be indulgent? This dreamy creamed kale proves that kale can be anything it wants to be.
15. Kale “carbonara” recipe
If you’re going low-carb, then ditch the pasta for some kale in this luxurious carbonara.
16. Smashed white bean and kale quesadillas with creamy barbecue dip recipe
Image: Running to the Kitchen
This quesadilla is protein- and fiber-packed thanks to white beans and kale and is topped with a creamy, yogurt-based barbecue sauce.
17. Roasted garlic-kale hummus recipe
Image: The Roasted Root
Hummus is a party essential, but we all get sick of the plain stuff sometimes. Add some color and some major flavor to your next batch of hummus thanks to kale and roasted garlic.
18. Spicy sausage, potato and kale soup recipe
Image: The Candid Appetite
This cozy soup is the perfect thing for staving off winter’s chill.
19. Sweet potato, kale and shrimp skillet recipe
Image: Primavera Kitchen
The best part of this unique shrimp, kale and sweet potato dish? It’s ready in 30 minutes or less.
20. Ginger beef, mushroom and kale stir-fry recipe
Image: Gimme Some Oven
Beef up your next stir-fry with kale. Kale is a great option in stir-fries because it doesn’t get soggy like spinach and can stand up to bold Asian flavors.
21. Kale and Brussels sprouts salad with bacon and pecorino recipe
Image: Sugar and Grace
Veggies-of-the-moment kale and Brussels sprouts make quite the A-list pair in this dazzling dish.
22. Super-cheesy kale and roasted red pepper pasta bake recipe
Image: Baker by Nature
Bitter kale and sweet red pepper are the perfect foil to loads of creamy, melted cheese in this pasta bake.
23. Vegan, oil-free, cheesy avocado naan with garlic kale and acorn squash recipe
Image: Vegan Richa
Boost your health with this vegan, oil-free naan, topped with a visually stunning combo of green kale and orange acorn squash.
24. Kale and wild rice casserole recipe
Wild rice and kale are the perfect combo to bat your winter blues. Whole grains and leafy greens give you the nutrients you need to feel great until spring.
25. Green detox soup recipe
Everyone should have a green soup in their arsenal, and this one’s hard to beat. Kale, greens, herbs and garlic come together to create a nutritional powerhouse that’s as tasty as it is healthy. Eat up!