Make any meal more fun with these vegan Thai sliders with spicy peanut slaw. They’re great for a crowd, as a snack or as a light meal. These little burger gems are delightful, and it’s easy to hold one in each hand.
These small sliders bring big impact to dinner or snack time. Eating two is pretty much like eating one regular-size burger, but they’re compact and cute, and that always means more fun at mealtime.
But cute goes only so far when it comes to food. Not to worry with these full-flavored vegan sliders, because they’ve got it all. Cilantro, red curry paste, garlic and red peppers add color and flavor to these patties, and hello spicy peanut slaw! The crunchy topping is the icing on the cake for these vegan sliders.
Note: Vegan foods are made without any animal or animal-derived products. Carefully check the packaging labels of food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are vegan.
Vegan Thai sliders with spicy peanut slaw recipe
“Fun” is one word to describe these vegan sliders. Not only are these sliders fun to serve at a gathering, but because there’s so much fabulous flavor going on with both the patties and the slaw topping, you’ll break out this recipe on many occasions.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
For the patties
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces canned white beans, drained and rinsed (you could also use cooked chickpeas, peas, lentils or additional black beans)
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slider-size buns
- Parchment paper
For the slaw
- 1/3 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons lime juice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon agave, more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped peanuts, as garnish
For the patties
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- To a large bowl, add the black beans and white beans (or whatever option you’re using), and use the back of a large spoon to mash them.
- Add the green onions, bell pepper, garlic, cilantro and vegetable broth to the bean mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Add the panko, Thai red curry paste, salt and black pepper, and mix to combine. Shape the mixture into 3-inch-round patties about 1 inch thick. Place them on the baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy on the outside.
For the slaw
- As the patties cook, to a bowl, add the vegetable broth and peanut butter, and microwave for about 30 seconds. Remove, and add the chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, agave, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add the cabbage and cucumber to the mixture, and toss to combine.
- Serve the patties on the slider buns with the slaw over the top.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food page on Facebook.