Foolproof oven-roasted red peppers are easier than you think
Save tons of money and lose those jarred roasted peppers by making these foolproof roasted peppers right in the comfort of your own kitchen. You won't believe how easy it is.
They make a delicious topping for nearly anything from salads to sandwiches, and can even go into quiches or get pureed in sauces. Roasting the peppers brings out their naturally sweet flavor, making them very versatile for other recipes.
Check your local supermarket or farmers market, and buy peppers in bulk or when they are on sale. Then try roasting a huge batch for your upcoming meals.
Foolproof roasted red peppers recipe
Fresh red bell peppers are halved and roasted in the oven until nice and charred. Remove the pepper skins, and serve these sweet oven-roasted peppers on nearly anything.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Inactive time: 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 large organic, sweet, red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each bell pepper in half, and remove the seeds and stems.
- With your fingertips, lightly rub each pepper half with a little bit of the olive oil, and place them cut side down on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until the skins of the peppers start to blacken and char.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, and immediately transfer them to an airtight container, then place the lid on top.
- Allow the peppers to cool in the container for about 15 minutes or until they can be handled.
- Using a fork, gently remove the skins from the peppers, and then store them in the airtight container for up to 5 days.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.