Peanut butter and jelly pancakes put a sweet spin on breakfast
Serve up a fun breakfast with these PB&J mini pancake stacks. Fluffy peanut butter pancakes are layered with fruity strawberry jam for a tasty spin on hotcakes.
Who doesn't love a big, towering stack of fluffy, homemade pancakes? I know that's one thing I look forward to on Sunday mornings with my family. Nothing beats homemade buttermilk pancakes served warm with butter and syrup, but why not get creative, especially if you have little ones to feed?
While I totally love traditional pancakes, I decided to make mini peanut butter pancakes and replace the butter and syrup with organic fruit preserves. We love strawberry in our house, but any flavor will work. These are fun and easy, and the kids will love them.
Mini peanut butter and jelly pancake stacks recipe
Fluffy mini homemade peanut butter pancakes are stacked high and layered with organic fruit preserves for a fun, fruity spin on breakfast.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups strawberry preserves or other flavor of fruit preserves, warmed
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat a large griddle or pan over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, mashed banana, egg and warmed peanut butter. (Warming the peanut butter makes it easier to mix.)
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spray the griddle with nonstick cooking spray, and drop 1-tablespoon-size drops of the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook each pancake for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes per side, then transfer to a plate.
- Arrange several pancakes on a serving platter, and layer with warm strawberry preserves. Repeat until the pancakes and preserves have all been used.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.