Fudgy mint brownie bites drizzled with chocolate
There's just something about a decadent mint treat that makes my mouth water!
When mint flavoring is mixed with just the right amount of chocolate, it warms up my life (my life, I tell you!). Today's extra special recipe has a surprise ingredient that makes them so easy to create. You will be amazed. Whether you're entertaining for a party of 20, or you're in the mood to make a simple sweet treat for yourself, this recipe has you covered. In just a few steps, I'll show you how to make the most mouthwatering li'l mint fudge brownie bites you've ever had! Oh, and if you happen to know any mint chocolate lovers, be sure to share this with them. They'll thank you, I promise!
- 1 box Fiber One Mint Fudge Brownies
(Yes, I said Fiber One. Yes, they have those now. Yes, they are beyond delish!)
- Wax paper
- 2 small mixing bowls
- Dark chocolate chips
- Green candy melts
(found at a craft store or many grocery stores)
- Whipped cream
The Fiber One Mint Fudge Brownies come packed with fudgy, minty, chocolaty, drizzly goodness. So, they are perfectly yummy to eat on their own. But, if you want to impress a crowd (or make an extra decadent treat for yourself) these Fiber One bars are so easy to embellish!
Use a piece of wax paper as the base for your treats. If you're making it just for yourself, a single plate will work just fine.
- Cut each Fiber One dessert bar into 4 pieces.
- Melt 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave them for 20 seconds, stir, then continue to microwave them in 10-second intervals until they are completely melted down.
- Using a spoon, place dollops of dark chocolate (about 1/2 inch wide) on the wax paper.
- Place the Fiber One pieces on top of the chocolate dollops.
- Melt 1/4 of a bag of green candy melts (melt using the same technique as mentioned for the chocolate above).
- Add a drop of mint extract to the melted green candies and mix.
- Pour the melted mint flavored candies over the top of the Fiber One pieces.
- Add a tad of whipped cream on top.
- Drizzle with additional melted dark chocolate. You can do this with a spoon, or you can place the melted chocolate in a plastic baggie and drizzle it by cutting off a tiny piece from the bottom corner tip of the plastic baggie.
I recommend eating them while the chocolate is still warm and the whipped cream is still cold. However, they are just as tasty if the melted chocolate hardens after a couple of minutes. They will pull right off of the wax paper, which makes them easy for serving to groups. You could even place them on a pretty platter with toothpicks for an easy finger food dessert. They take all of 10 minutes to assemble and, yet, the creation is timelessly perfect for any mint chocolate lover. Add a scoop of ice cream, a cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk on the side and enjoy!
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between Fiber One and SheKnows.