These chicken enchilada pinwheels pack a punch of Mexican flavor
Need a little snack, easy lunch for your your little one or just a bite-size food for entertaining? These chicken enchilada pinwheels are the answer. Not only are they super tasty, but they're also healthy.
Using shredded rotisserie chicken breast saves a lot of time in the kitchen but also adds protein and extra flavor. Rather than using full-fat cream cheese in this recipe, I opted for creamy Greek yogurt along with fresh veggies and enchilada seasonings. If you want to keep these vegetarian, then omit the chicken, and just add extra veggies.
Easy chicken enchilada pinwheel recipe
These pinwheels are filled with an easy shredded chicken-enchilada mixture. You can make these up to two days ahead of time. Just roll up, chill and slice when ready to enjoy.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 1 minced red bell pepper
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 burrito-size, all-natural flour or whole-wheat tortillas
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and shredded cheese, and mix well.
- Fold in the chicken, green and red onions, bell pepper and fresh cilantro.
- Divide and spread the filling evenly over the tops of the tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas as tightly as possible, and wrap them securely with plastic wrap.
- Chill the tortillas in the refrigerator for several hours or for up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap, and slice each tortilla into rounds. Place on a platter, and serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.