Toast to the New Year with this non-alcoholic apple cranberry punch
It's almost time to ring in the New Year, and while some of us will be toasting with a glass of bubbly, many will be looking for non-alcoholic options to fill their glasses. This winter-themed punch is perfect!
Refrigerating it overnight really brings the flavors together nicely, but if you're short on time, try to refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1 teaspoon maple sugar
- 1 tea bag (I used Tetley Classic black tea)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, sliced
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup almond flavored syrup (I used Monin)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup lemon-flavored seltzer
- Brew the tea bag in one cup of water.
- Remove the tea bag and dissolve the maple sugar in the tea.
- Carefully pour the liquid into a pitcher.
- Add the dried cranberries, apple slices, maple syrup, apple cider, almond syrup and nutmeg.
- Stir well and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, add lemon seltzer.
Photo credit: Louise Vansleve/Flickr.com