I know steak is typically a fancy dinner treat, but I took all that flavor and stuffed it into a buttery crescent roll. Plus, I served it alongside a spicy and flavorful sour cream-horseradish dipping sauce.
I personally think these little gems would be perfect for a cocktail party or even as a quick weeknight snack. The horseradish sauce can be adjusted to your flavor preference, but I have always been a fan of adding more. There is no such thing as too much horseradish in my house.
Steak-stuffed crescent rolls with horseradish sauce recipe
This delicious three-bite appetizer is stuffed with seasoned steak and sharp cheddar cheese. Take it over the top by pairing it with a quick sour cream-horseradish dipping sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 8 refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced steak
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons hot horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the container of crescent rolls, lay them out, and set them aside.
- Season the steak with the desired amount of kosher salt and pepper.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat, and add in the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the steak, and cook it quickly just to brown the outside. Remove from the skillet once browned.
- Cut the cooked steak into strips that will fit comfortably in the crescent rolls. You will need 8 strips total.
- Place the steak at the wide end of the crescent roll, and top with 1/2 a slice of cheese. Roll up, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Continue until all the crescent rolls have been made.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
- While the crescent rolls bake, prepare the sauce.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, horseradish and apple cider vinegar. Season with kosher salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the hot steak rolls with the dipping sauce.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.