Whip up these effortless chocolate-dipped cinnamon crispy treats
Dive back into your childhood with these easy yet super-tasty treats we all loved as a kid, but this time they're vegan and gluten-free.
Crispy brown rice cereal is transformed into a treat by using vegan marshmallows, cinnamon and vanilla. Once they're set, dip them into semisweet, dairy-free chocolate or dark chocolate for an epic snack and an easy homemade treat your kids will love. These are perfect for packing into lunchboxes, since they will stay fresh for several days if stored in an airtight container.
Vegan chocolate-dipped cinnamon brown rice crispy treats recipe
Crispy brown rice cereal and vegan marshmallows make a gluten-free and vegan treat that is dipped in dairy-free chocolate.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free butter, such as Earth Balance
- 10 ounces vegan marshmallows or marshmallow cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 5 cups organic brown crispy rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a large baking dish and a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large pot over medium-high heat, add the dairy-free butter and marshmallows. Stir continuously until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt.
- Add the rice cereal to the pot, and mix very well with a large spoon. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, and firmly press it down with your hands.
- Chill the treats for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to firm up.
- Once firm, remove the rice treats from the baking dish, and cut them into squares.
- To a microwave-safe bowl, add the dairy-free chocolate chips and the coconut oil.
- Heat in 20-second intervals, stirring very well, until the chocolate is completely melted and thin enough for dipping.
- Dip 1 side of the treats into the chocolate, and then lay them onto the baking sheet to dry.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, store in an airtight container for several days.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.