Chicken tenders get a flavor upgrade with an easy trick
Chicken breast tenders are coated in blue cheese dressing and seasoning and bread crumbs then baked golden brown.
Spruce up boring chicken with salad dressing. Lightly coating chicken in salad dressing adds so much flavor with very little work (which is great for busy families). To add a little bit of crunch, I dredged them in Italian style bread crumbs and baked them up golden brown. Serve up these baked tenders with plenty of extra blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Blue cheese baked chicken tenders recipe
Chicken strips are coated in blue cheese dressing, panko bread crumbs and seasonings and served warm with extra creamy blue cheese dressing.
Prep time 15 minutes | Bake time 30 minutes | Total time 45 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 cup salad dressing (I used Simply Dressed® Blue Cheese)
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl add the chicken strips and the blue cheese salad dressing. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow baking dish or on a plate add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Evenly coat each chicken strip with the bread crumb mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken strips for 16-18 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Place on a serving plate and serve with extra blue cheese dressing for dipping.