This simple (and healthier) baked dish gets a big pop of flavor and crunch with the addition of crispy lemon-chile topping. It’s the perfect complement to the garlicky shrimp. Toss in broccoli florets for added color and texture, then bake it for about 25 minutes for a fab meal.
A lovely and healthy shrimp dinner can be just a few easy steps away, no joke. Because this shrimp scampi bake is so easy to put together, you can enjoy it any night of the week — even after a hectic day.
To make things healthier, I added broccoli to this classic dish for a bit of color and some veggie love. Not only that, but I seasoned the panko with spices and lemon zest for flavor that will make you want seconds. The panko is one of my favorite things about this recipe. It stays nice and crunchy so you won’t have to worry about a soggy topping.
It’s likely this dish will make its way into your mealtime rotation. This scampi bake works well during the week or for a special meal too.
Shrimp scampi bake with lemon-chile panko recipe
A shrimp dish like this one makes for an easy-to-make and delicious meal. Serve this scampi with rice or even lightly buttered pasta for a filling and flavorful meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20-25 minutes | Total time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and olive oil, and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli until tender, then chop the florets into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, parsley, cayenne and lemon zest. Toss together to combine.
- Layer 1/2 the panko mixture over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange the shrimp over the panko in 1 layer. Sprinkle the broccoli over the shrimp, then drizzle the lemon juice over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining panko mixture evenly on top of the mixture, and spoon the garlic and olive oil over it. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with rice or pasta and fresh parsley as garnish.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.