Woke up late? In a rush to get the kids out the door to school? These simple issues can keep you from eating a healthy, filling breakfast — until now. These super-easy omelet cups are filled with diced bacon, spicy green chili peppers, onions and cheese, and the best part is you can make them ahead of time.
Make these on Sunday before your week begins, and simply store them in an airtight container, then lightly heat when ready to enjoy. If you aren’t a fan of the spicy chili peppers, then simply omit them, or create your very own version. These are the perfect breakfast bites for the whole family to enjoy.
Easy green chili-bacon omelet muffins recipe
Make your breakfast and life easier with these mini omelet muffins full of spicy green chili peppers, chopped bacon, onions and cheese.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 22 minutes | Total time: 37 minutes
- 6 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the whole eggs, egg whites and heavy cream, and mix until frothy.
- Fold in the chopped bacon, green chili peppers, onions, cheese and seasonings.
- Carefully fill each muffin cup with the egg mixture. Bake uncovered for 20 to 22 minutes or until the centers are completely cooked and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.