These jingle Jell-O shots will keep your holiday spirit high (VIDEO)
'Tis the season for festive cocktails, and these Jell-O shots don't disappoint. You've got all the fun of Jell-O, but with the added bonus of vodka. Go ahead, indulge. Remember, it's December, and boozy red and green Jell-O is totally acceptable (which makes this the best month ever).
Jingle Jell-O shots recipe
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry Jell-O
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime Jell-O
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla vodka
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Small red candies, for garnish
- Lightly coat a square dish with cooking spray, and then, using a paper towel, wipe out the dish.
- For the red layer, add 1/2 packet of gelatin over 1/4 cup of water. Allow it to soak in a minute or 2. Add 1 box of the cherry Jell-O along with 1 cup of boiling water. Stir until everything has dissolved. Add 3/4 cup of vodka.
- Repeat the same process to make the green layer.
- To make the white layer, sprinkle 2 packets of gelatin over 1/2 cup of water. Allow it to soak in a minute or 2. Pour in 1 cup of boiling water and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed and the gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour 1/2 the red mixture into the prepared pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set.
- Once set, add 1/2 the white mixture to the top of the red mixture. Pop any air bubbles. Return the pan to the fridge to set.
- Repeat with the green mixture, then with the remaining white and then with the remaining red.
- Allow the finished pan to set another 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, gently pull the edges away from the pan. Invert onto a cutting board. Slice into even squares.
- Place onto a serving platter, and top with whipped cream, a small mint leaf and a red candy.