Spiked gingerbread caramel latte is an adults-only winter favorite
Nothing makes me happier than a latte. While I enjoy regular caramel versions year-round, during the winter months my go-to drink is gingerbread flavored. To take my favorite coffee drink to a whole new level, I decided to add in a few shots of caramel-flavored vodka, and the results were more than delicious.
This drink is rich, rustic and has the perfect balance of sweetness and spice. Make the syrup ahead of time, and store it for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Homemade spiked gingerbread caramel latte recipe
This winter coffee drink gets a shot of caramel-flavored vodka and a hefty dose of whipped cream for a luscious after-dinner cocktail.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
For the gingerbread syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
For the latte
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 6-8 ounces brewed espresso (depending how strong you like your coffee)
- 2 (1 ounce) shots caramel-flavored vodka
- 4 tablespoons gingerbread syrup
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce, for garnish (optional)
- 2 gingerbread cookies, for garnish (optional)
- To a small saucepot over medium heat, add all the ingredients for the gingerbread syrup.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from the heat, and store in a glass jar with a lid.
- To a separate pot or large, microwave-safe measuring cup, add the milk, espresso and gingerbread syrup.
- Heat for several minutes or just until the mixture begins to steam. Remove from the heat (or microwave), and divide the latte between 2 coffee mugs.
- Add 1 shot of the caramel vodka to each cup.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce, and garnish with a gingerbread cookie. Best served warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.