Brazil’s favorite cocktail, the caipiroska, doesn’t have to be served in a glass. When it’s in a bowl, it’s even more fun to eat as a vodka-infused kiwi salad.
When you have a favorite drink, it’s hard to let go of the flavor. You just want to keep on drinking and drinking. Instead, I reversed the quantities of the ingredients in a classic caipiroska and put more kiwi and less liquid in a bowl. The result is a delicious boozy fruit salad with a touch of vodka giving it a boost in the flavor department.
Kiwi caipiroska salad recipe
Diced kiwi gets dressed with a vodka, lime and sugar mixture that makes this salad an interesting blend of flavors your caipiroska taste buds will definitely approve of.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 15 mintues | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup tonic water
- 4 cups kiwi, peeled and diced
- 8 fresh mint leaves, torn
- Red currants (or any small red fruit), for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the vodka, tonic water, lime juice and sugar.
- In a medium to large bowl, mix together the kiwi and mint, and then pour in the vodka mixture. Mix well.
- Garnish with the red currants.
- Chill for about 15 minutes before serving.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food page on Facebook.