Easy peasy mini frittatas make brunch more delicious
When I've had to flip a frittata in the pan to cook the other side, I've always stalled for a second because I'd be afraid to ruin it. Then I thought of making them smaller to make them more manageable. So off they went into the silicone mini-tart molds and into the oven. They came out beautifully, and I didn't need to exert any effort in flipping. There was no need to touch them at all while they were baking. It was perfect!
The ingredients in these mini frittatas play different roles in making them taste special. The ricotta lends a fluffy texture, while the Parmesan gives them a much richer flavor. Not only do the peas give a contrast to the yellowness of the eggs, but they also give a break to the flavors of the cheese and eggs. Top them with fresh ricotta and peas, and you will definitely impress your brunch guests.
Baked mini frittatas with peas and ricotta recipe
Transform your usual frittata into something more special with this baked mini version mixed with ricotta and peas. It takes a little bit longer, but there's no flipping-in-the-pan involved.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F.
- In a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat, sauté the peas until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Let them cool down for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, 1/2 cup of the ricotta, 1/2 cup of the peas, salt and pepper. Whisk together until combined well.
- Pour the mixture into 6 silicone mini-tart molds. Use silicone to make the mini frittatas slide out easily after they are cooked.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish each mini frittata with the remaining ricotta and peas. Sprinkle them with some freshly cracked pepper.
- Serve warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.