With tender shrimp, crunchy vegetables and a spicy kick, our Asian-inspired shrimp lettuce wraps pretty much have it all. Oh, and did we mention that they go from kitchen to table in less than 30 minutes?
Spicy shrimp lettuce wraps recipe
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- Approximately 450 grams peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp, tails removed
- 5 cups packaged cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 a jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8-12 lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
- Handful cilantro, rough chopped
- Lime wedges
1. Prepare the sauce
In a medium bowl or shaker, whisk together or shake the soya sauce, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, ginger and cornstarch until combined. Set aside.
2. Cook the shrimp
In a large skillet, heat the canola and sesame oils over medium heat. Add the garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes while stirring often. Add the shrimp, and continue to cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp have turned pink and are cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan, and set aside.
3. Cook the vegetables
Add the soya sauce mixture, coleslaw, carrots and minced jalapeño to the pan, and cook over medium heat for a few minutes until the cabbage slaw has softened. Stir often. Toss the shrimp and green onions into the pan with the cabbage mixture. Stir to combine, and then remove from the heat.
4. Assemble the wraps
Fill the lettuce leaves with the shrimp mixture, and garnish with the radishes and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.