A meal that tastes like dessert but is filled with healthy, breakfast-worthy ingredients? Yes, please!
If we could feel healthy and strong while eating dessert for every meal of the day, we totally would. But sadly that isn’t the case. However, this scrumptious recipe for overnight oats brings us one step closer to that goal. It’s loaded with nutritious ingredients but still manages to taste just like oatmeal-raisin cookie dough. It’s a miracle! Plus it can be prepared the night before so you have one less thing to do in the morning. It’s a mind-blowingly delicious breakfast treat you can take with you on the go.
Oatmeal-raisin cookie dough overnight oats recipe
Recipe inspired by Maria Makes Muffins
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon raw buckwheat groats
- 1 heaping tablespoon raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder or a few drops vanilla extract
- A very small pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (more or less, to taste)
- The night before you plan to enjoy these overnight oats for breakfast, add all the dry ingredients to a medium-size resealable container. Stir to combine.
- Add in the almond milk and maple syrup, and thoroughly combine all the ingredients. Flatten down the oat mixture so it is well covered by the liquid.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, grab a spoon, and enjoy your oats first thing, or take them with you on the go.