Pull out the movies, and grab a few games, because girls’ night is about to get better. Why venture out into the cold when you could spend a night of great conversation and laughter with your besties right in your own home? Add in a great dinner or fun party food, and you’ll have the best girls’ night in ever!
There’s nothing wrong with bringing your girls’ night out in, especially when it involves delicious food. Try these recipes to help make your party a huge success.
- Mac & cheese is one of the ultimate comfort foods and a fun choice for an easy dinner everyone will love. Get creative and make it your way by mixing in extra ingredients for your own unique version.
- Turn the night into a pizza party but with no takeout required. Homemade pizza is easy, and one of the best things is that you can add whatever toppings you like.
- You really can’t go wrong by serving up a selection of appetizers, such as Chinese dumplings, sun-dried tomato and goat cheese bruschetta and spinach, bacon and goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms.
Sure, for many of us a girls’ night in is a chance to break free from our normal routine and indulge in special treats, but that might not be the case for everyone. Don’t worry, however, as these choices are not only tasty but will help keep a health plan on track.
- Both vegetarians and meat eaters will enjoy vegan appetizers, such as roasted garlic white bean dip and Asian lettuce wraps.
- Serve slimmed-down party dips. Roasted garlic and rosemary dip, dilly dip and queso dip will all be big hits.
Check out more healthy appetizer options >>
Quick and easy party foods
Feeding your BFFs doesn’t necessarily mean you have to spend hours in the kitchen. These party snacks taste indulgent but can be whipped up in no time.
- Truffle popcorn. Pop a bowlful of natural flavour popcorn, then drizzle it with melted butter and white truffle oil, toss generously with freshly grated Grana Padano, and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Rosemary almonds. Cook a pat of butter, a minced garlic clove and a tablespoon of minced rosemary for a minute or two in a skillet over medium heat. Add a large handful of whole almonds and a large splash of Worcestershire sauce. Toss to coat, and pour onto a baking tray. Add a generous amount of sea salt, and bake at 350 degrees F until toasted.
- Roast beef bites. Slice and toast a baguette with garlic butter. Add deli-style roast beef and a wedge of Gorgonzola or other blue cheese. Top with finely sliced scallions or chives, and return to the oven until heated.
- Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. Lightly steam whole and trimmed asparagus in the microwave until softened. Wrap each stalk with a piece of prosciutto, and bake at 400 degrees F until the meat is crisp. Serve with garlic mayo for dipping.
Here are more quick appetizer ideas >>
Your best friends deserve a sweet and decadent treat, so for your girls’ night in, plan on serving a dessert or two.
- Red velvet cheesecake — need we say more?
- Revisit your childhood with a fresh take on s’mores — s’mores and ice cream pie.
- What’s a girls’ night in without chocolate? Chocolate cakes in mugs should hit the spot.