The Meatless Monday movement encourages people to do something positive for their health and the environment by going meatless once a week. Try it out for yourself with this delicious recipe!
Goat cheese and quinoa over spring greens
Serving size 4
You don’t have to choose between a healthy meal and a filling one thanks to this light but satisfying goat cheese, quinoa and spring greens salad. It will make a scrumptious lunch or dinner for your next Meatless Monday.
- 12 cups packed mixed spring greens
- 1 (140-gram) package goat cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, loosely chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the spring greens, dried cranberries, crumbled goat cheese and pecans.
- Pour the quinoa over the salad. Then pour dressing overtop, and stir to combine.
To give this salad an extra creamy and filling quality, you can heat the quinoa in the microwave or cook it right before putting together the salad. This will melt the cheese slightly and create a warm and even more satisfying dish.
Check out the Meatless Monday website for more information about this fresh and exciting movement.