Serving size 4
The combination of chocolate and avocado is divine. This tasty non-traditional mousse is a great way to satisfy those cravings with the added benefit of a few essential nutrients.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3–4 tablespoon agave nectar
- A pinch of salt
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and coconut milk over medium heat. Stir well and let cool.
- Chop up the avocados, smash them with a fork, and blend them together with the vanilla, agave and salt until smooth. Add the chocolate-coconut milk mixture until you achieve a creamy texture.
- Pour the mixture in ramekins, and place them in the fridge for an hour or two, until the mousse is firm. Dig in!
Note: If your avocados aren’t the desired ripeness, bunch up the chopped pieces of avocado in aluminum foil, and pop them in the oven at 375 degrees F until soft.
Leave a Comment