What are two of the most Canadian foods ever? Salmon and maple syrup — correct. So why not put them together? Oh wait, we just did. A simple, maple-based glaze brings out the best in salmon, adding a bit of personality to this wonderful fish.
Serving size 6
- 2 pounds of salmon fillet, skinned
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2–5 tablespoons grainy mustard (per preference)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Firing up the grill? Try out this recipe for BBQ salmon >>
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients except the salmon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay out the salmon fillets.
- Spoon the glaze, and spread it atop the fish.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12–15 minutes (the salmon should be easy to flake with a fork), or grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Serve and enjoy!