Are you interested in starting “Meatless Mondays” in your household? Then this basic but delicious vegan sausage stir-fry is a great way to get the ball rolling.
Vegan sausage stir-fry
Serving size 4
Although there are plenty of ways to include protein and flavourful meaty textures into your meatless meals without faux-meat products, meat-free alternatives such as vegan sausage can make the transition to eating less animal products easier for many. Enjoy the comfort of a sausage dinner in a healthier and cruelty-free way with this easy-to-make vegan sausage stir-fry.
Find out how to get all the protein you need on a plant-based diet >>
- 8 vegan breakfast sausages or 4 full-size vegan sausages (such as Yves Veggie Breakfast Links), sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups packed shredded kale
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add in the onions, carrots, peppers and broccoli. Cook for 10–12 minutes or until the vegetables start to become tender.
- Make a well in the centre of the vegetables, and then place sausage slices and garlic in the centre of the well. Cook for 7–8 minutes, stirring regularly to evenly brown the sausages.
- Add the kale, and stir everything together. Continue cooking until the kale has wilted.
- Add in the soya sauce, honey and salt, and combine thoroughly.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.