Spend just one hour in the kitchen making five slow cooker freezer meals.
Serving size 4-5
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water with bouillon)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (don’t add to freezer bag)
Write on the bag: Cook on low for 4–5 hours or on high for 2–3 hours. (I suggest you cook it on low, because it cooks fast.) About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken, add the cornstarch, and mix well. Turn your slow cooker on high, and let the sauce thicken. Add the chicken back in before serving.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag except for the cornstarch.
More meals for your five-day meal plan
Tangy pot roast
- The fuller the slow cooker, the longer it will take to cook your food.
- According to the official Crock-Pot website, you can safely cook frozen meat in your Crock-Pot. If you still don’t like the idea, you can put the bag in the fridge the night before, and the meat should be defrosted by the morning.
- Never put the plastic bag in the slow cooker. Always dump out the contents to prepare your meal.
- When you freeze the bag, make sure the frozen lump (for lack of a better word) will easily fit into your Crock-Pot.
- One reader suggested putting the dinners into Crock-Pot liners and then into the freezer bags.
Would you like more Crock-Pot freezer recipes? Visit my blog, Saving You Dinero, for 25 more recipes!
More on slow cookers
Save time in the kitchen with your slow cooker
Making the most of your slow cooker
Slow cooker know-how
Leave a Comment