Spend just one hour in the kitchen making five slow cooker freezer meals.
Serving size 4-5
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water with bouillon)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (don’t add to freezer bag)
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag except for the cornstarch.
More meals for your five-day meal plan
- The fuller the slow cooker, the longer it will take to cook your food.
- According to the official Crock-Pot website, you can safely cook frozen meat in your Crock-Pot. If you still don’t like the idea, you can put the bag in the fridge the night before, and the meat should be defrosted by the morning.
- Never put the plastic bag in the slow cooker. Always dump out the contents to prepare your meal.
- When you freeze the bag, make sure the frozen lump (for lack of a better word) will easily fit into your Crock-Pot.
- One reader suggested putting the dinners into Crock-Pot liners and then into the freezer bags.
Would you like more Crock-Pot freezer recipes? Visit my blog, Saving You Dinero, for 25 more recipes!
More on slow cookers