If you have bikini season on the brain, then chances are you’re trying to make healthy choices. This delicious quinoa bowl will fill you up with nutritious ingredients without weighing you down, so you can feel satisfied in more ways than one.
Sun-dried tomato, asparagus and quinoa bowl
Serving size 3
Recipe inspired by The Healthy Foodies
With so many delicious healthy ingredients to choose from, eating well isn’t just good for your conscience — your taste buds and belly can be made very happy too. This tasty quinoa bowl is filled with fresh, nutritious summer ingredients you’ll barely be able to wait to gobble down!
Find out more ways to incorporate quinoa into your diet >>
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2 cups asparagus, woody ends removed and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups button mushrooms, cut into quarters or sixths, depending on size
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Add in the quinoa. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let sit. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large frying pan or wok, cook the olive oil and red onion over low-medium heat for roughly 5 minutes or until the onions begin to sweat.
- Add in the asparagus and mushrooms, and cook until they become tender — about 8–10 minutes more.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, salt and sunflower seeds, and let the mixture warm for a minute or two. Add in the quinoa, and stir to combine.
- If serving the dish immediately, transfer the mixture into bowls, sprinkle with feta, and serve. If saving it for later, let the mixture cool completely before stirring in the feta and transferring to a resealable container that can be kept in the fridge. This dish can be enjoyed warm or cold.
More healthy recipes
Spring into the season with fresh vegetable spring rolls
Tomato and goat cheese whole-wheat spaghetti
Our best heart-healthy main dish ideas
Leave a Comment