Spend just one hour in the kitchen making five slow cooker freezer meals.
Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup
Serving size 4-5
- 1-1/2-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mexican cheese, shredded (don’t add to freezer bag)
- Seasoned tortilla strips (don’t add to freezer bag)
- Sour cream (don’t add to freezer bag)
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag except the cheese, cream and tortilla strips.
More meals for your five-day meal plan
- The fuller the slow cooker, the longer it will take to cook your food.
- According to the official Crock-Pot website, you can safely cook frozen meat in your slow cooker. If you still don’t like the idea, you can put the bag in the fridge the night before, and the meat should be defrosted by the morning.
- Never put the plastic bag in the slow cooker. Always dump out the contents to prepare your meal.
- When you freeze the bag, make sure the frozen lump (for lack of a better word) will easily fit into your cooker.
- One reader suggested putting the dinners into slow cooker liners and then into the freezer bags.
Would you like more Crock-Pot freezer recipes? Visit my blog, Saving You Dinero, for 25 more recipes!