Spend one hour in the kitchen, and make five Crock-Pot freezer meals.
Meal-planning made easy
Using your Crock-Pot is a great way to save time and money in the kitchen. This set of five recipes includes sweet-and-sour pork, chicken tortilla soup, tangy pot roast, teriyaki chicken and chicken cacciatore. It will take you less than one hour in your kitchen, and you can prepare all these meals to be frozen and cooked in your Crock-Pot. Plus you have just one mess to clean up!
- 1-1/2 pounds of boneless pork loin (or other non-fatty pork), cut into cubes
- 4-1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2–3 pounds of round roast
- 2 large red or green bell peppers
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 small onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can of pineapple chunks with juice
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Soy sauce
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- Frozen corn
- Chicken broth
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Seasoned tortilla strips
- Sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef broth
- Teriyaki sauce
- Ground ginger
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
Throw all these ingredients into a freezer bag, and on the day you want to prepare your meal, just add the contents of the bag to the Crock-Pot, and dinner is done! You might have to make a side dish, but that’s usually pretty easy.
Meals for your five-day meal plan
Tangy pot roast
- The fuller the slow cooker, the longer it will take to cook your food.
- According to the official Crock-Pot website, you can safely cook frozen meat in your slow cooker. If you still don’t like the idea, you can put the bag in the fridge the night before, and the meat should be defrosted by the morning.
- Never put the plastic bag in the slow cooker. Always dump out the contents to prepare your meal.
- When you freeze the bag, make sure the frozen lump (for lack of a better word) will easily fit into your cooker.
- One reader suggested putting the dinners into slow cooker liners and then into the freezer bags.
Would you like more Crock-Pot freezer recipes? Visit my blog, Saving You Dinero, for 25 more recipes!
More on slow cookers
Save time in the kitchen with your slow cooker
Making the most of your slow cooker
Slow cooker know-how
Leave a Comment