It isn’t just dinners over the holidays that should have a special touch. Breakfast can too! Start your day off with these healthy, guilt-free pancakes, and you’ll feel in the spirit inside and out.
Whole wheat blueberry oat pancakes
Serving size 12
A healthy breakfast doesn’t have to be a boring one. If you want your first meal of the day to be nutritious and special, whip up these scrumptious pancakes. This is one meal your family will barely be able to wait to eat together.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Grind the oats into either flour using a blender, food processor or grinder.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, water, egg, oil and maple syrup.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a tablespoon of canola oil in a frying pan over low heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon, pour the batter onto the pan. When the edges begin to stiffen, flip the pancakes, and continue to heat for a minute or two. Transfer the pancakes to a plate, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Repeat this process until the batter is used up. It should make roughly a dozen pancakes.