Eating well can seem like a chore when you’re used to ordering in or heating up a frozen pizza. But with a simple recipe like this one, you can enjoy a nutritious dinner in no time.
Garlic broccoli and cauliflower
Serving size 4
Putting together a healthy meal shouldn’t take hours upon hours. This simple side dish is incredibly easy to prepare and pairs well with baked chicken or grilled fish, so you can have a nutritious dinner on the table in a flash.
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 cauliflower head
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the florets off the broccoli and cauliflower. Aim to cut the florets into equally sized shapes so they’ll cook at the same rate. Compost the stems, or keep them to make vegetable stock later.
- Toss the florets into the olive oil and salt until evenly coated. Make sure the broccoli florets are especially well coated in oil, or they will burn.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove them from heat, and sprinkle them with garlic cloves. Stir to combine.
- Return the tray to the oven, and continue roasting for another 5–10 minutes. Edges of the florets should be turning golden brown. Remove from heat, and serve.