Whether you’re throwing a holiday party or bringing appetizers to someone else’s event, you want to pick something that won’t fill everyone up too much before dinner comes around. These simple and healthy stuffed mushrooms fit the bill!
Spinach, bacon and goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms
Serving size 24
These light and creamy stuffed mushrooms will be a hit with guests of all ages. Plus they look fancy but are very easy to make!
- 24 medium button mushrooms, washed
- 1 small onion, thinly diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the butts of the mushrooms. Gently pull out the stems and thinly dice them. Place the mushroom caps top down on a large baking tray.
- Saute the onions in oil over low-medium heat. Once they have begun to sweat, add in the mushroom stems, and continue cooking for another 2–3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach, and continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes. Add in the bacon bits, and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Add in the goat cheese, basil and salt, and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Scoop the goat cheese mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the oven for 8–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let the mushrooms cool slightly before serving, as insides will be hot.
This appetizer can easily be prepared earlier in the day. Just leave the baking until right before they’re needed, and you’ll have a warm appetizer to serve in minutes!