Who doesn’t love simplicity? This apple bread business is so ridiculously delicious and so disproportionately easy! Plus, it gives you the freedom to experiment to your heart’s content.
So, this recipe is going to rock your world — fact. If you’re bored of muffins, toast, cookies and what have you, you need apple bread. This magical treat is hearty, flavourful, delicious and, most important, easy to make.
This can be a little sumthin’-sumthin’ for the weekend, or breakfast, or dinner — you name it. For optimal cuteness, bake in a Bundt cake pan. Let’s begin, shall we?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (or 3/4 cup honey)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 apples, peeled and shredded
- Preheat that trusty oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your pan of choice.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix the dry mixture into the butter concoction until moistened.
- Fold in the apples, and transfer to the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on your oven). Set aside to cool.
- Give yourself a pat on the back — you are officially amazing.
Just to play around with the flavours, you could replace the sugar/honey with maple syrup. Try adding vanilla extract for an extra oomph. Or for a crunchy boost, toss in some walnuts.