The deliciousness of fall pumpkins doesn’t have to come solely baked into pies or cooked into stews. Enjoy the spirit of autumn from the moment you wake up with this creamy and nutritious pumpkin smoothie.
Pumpkin spice smoothie
Serving size 1
If you need something a little more solid than the citrus flavours of a fruit smoothie in the morning, then you’ll love this pumpkin spice option. It’s the perfect blend of filling and refreshing.
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 banana (preferably sliced and frozen)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup soy milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Place ice cubes and banana in the blender, and pulse until broken down.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass, and enjoy!