When you want a treat after a long day, it’s nice to have a healthy option on hand. And when that option is quick and easy to prepare, it’s even better. This creamy and delicious tapioca pudding recipe certainly delivers on all fronts!
Creamy tapioca pudding
Serving size 4
When you need something to satisfy your sweet tooth but don’t want to go overboard, this pudding absolutely fits the bill. It’s creamy, delicious and healthy to boot!
- 1/4 cup tapioca pearls
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak the tapioca pearls in cold water for 10 minutes. Strain to remove the water.
- While the tapioca is soaking, heat the milk in a pot over medium-high heat. Stir regularly to avoid burning the milk. Add in the soaked tapioca pearls, and cook until they become transparent and tender. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually add the mixture to milk and tapioca, stirring constantly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold them into the hot mixture.
- Let cool, then transfer to fridge to chill. The pudding will thicken as it cools.