Edible party favours
Giving your guests a parting gift — also known as a party favour — is a great way to thank them for attending your event. Take it one step further with a special treat: an edible gift!
Regardless of the type of party you're hosting, whether it's a wedding, a dinner, a birthday bash or anything else, for that matter, gifting your partygoers with a party favour is a great way to show your guests how much you appreciate them. Give them something special with one of these delightful edible party favours.
There's something about candy that makes it a perfect party favour. Could it be the bright colours? The irresistible sweetness? Or perhaps it's because it brings back childhood memories of birthday treat bags! Bring out the child in your guests with one of these gifts:
- A large rainbow lollipop. Tie a tag around it that says, "Thanks for the memories."
- A mini gumball machine, filled with brightly coloured gumballs, of course.
- A small white bucket filled with saltwater taffy. Wrap a pastel ribbon around the bucket to match the colours in the taffy.
- Fill up small jars with retro candies, such as pretty candy sticks and lemon drops. Wrap a coordinating gingham ribbon around the lid.
Homemade baked goods and treats
A home-baked treat can be a thoughtful party favour. Your guests will appreciate the extra time involved in baking or making the treat especially for them.
- A small kraft paper bag filled with brownie bites. Write "From my kitchen to your home" on the bag, and tie it with coloured raffia.
- Squares of homemade fudge in a waxed-paper-lined tin box. Try a unique recipe such as cranberry almond fudge or pumpkin fudge.
- Personalized cookies. Bake a batch of sugar cookies, and decorate them with the names of your guests. As an alternative to names, write something cute like "BFF" or "#1 Cousin." Pop them into a cellophane bag sealed with a happy face sticker.
Not many people can resist the lure of chocolate. Treat your guests to these chocolatey gifts:
- Chocolate truffles. Fill a pretty gift box with either homemade or purchased treats.
- A pourable glass bottle of chocolate syrup. Make it yourself, and add a small card that says, "Thanks for sweetening up my party" with the instructions written inside.
- A large chocolate chip cookie on a stick. Make your favourite Toll House cookie recipe. Wrap the dough around the end of a wooden popsicle stick, then bake as usual. Wrap it in a cellophane gift bag tied with a chocolate-brown ribbon.
Wine and other imbibements
Gift your adult guests with a party favour that will keep the festive party mood going once they're back at home!
- A small (375 millilitre) bottle of sparkling wine or Champagne. Make your own funky label that says, "Thank you for adding sparkle to my party," and place it over the wine label.
- A pretty bottle of infused vodka. Attach a tag with recipe ideas.