While a trip to your local pub for a drink and a nosh of some yummy food can be a great way to spend a night with friends, it’s just as easy to have that same experience in your own home! Here are are some recipe ideas for at-home pub grub.
Heading to the pub with your friends is a great way to stay connected while chowing down on tasty food. While some pub grub might not be the healthiest food for us, it sure is fun to munch on! But instead of hitting the local watering hole, why not round up the gang and treat them to some authentic pub fare all from the comfort of your own home!
A plate of home fries fits right in at the pub, and so do sweet potato fries, which are a tasty and healthier alternative.
Beer-battered fish and chips is a go-to favourite pub meal.
When having a pub night at home, be sure to offer your guests a satisfying beverage, such as a drink poured from a crowd-pleasing pitcher, and give them a salty snack to munch on by the handful. And what kind of pub night would it be without a plateful of nachos!
Chipotle bean nachos
Serving size 4
- 1 (300 gram) bag tortilla chips
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (375 ml) can sliced black olives, rinsed and drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 chipotle chilies packed in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons reserved adobo sauce
- 3–4 cups shredded nacho cheese blend
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Salsa, sour cream and guacamole for serving
- As an option, grill a top sirloin steak to medium, let it rest for 5 minutes, slice into bite-size pieces, then add it to the top of the baked nachos.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread half the bag of tortilla chips in a large casserole dish or on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the chips with half each of the beans, olives, onions, chipotles and sauce and the cheese.
- Add the other half of the tortilla chips to the top. Sprinkle with the remaining beans, olives, onions, and chipotles, and add the tomatoes. Top with the other half of the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the chips are lightly browned.