Whether you’re serving pot roast, pork chops or turkey, this recipe for scalloped potatoes makes for the perfect side dish. The creamy quality and warm blend of cheeses are a comforting treat.
Serving size 6
These scalloped potatoes are a delicious and filling side dish that pairs beautifully with all your favourite meats and veggies. It’s comfort food at its best!
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 cups milk (roughly)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a greased baking dish, evenly distribute the potatoes, onions, butter, salt, pepper and 1/2 a cup of the Swiss cheese.
- Pour enough milk into the dish to almost cover the potato mixture.
- Cover with tinfoil, and bake in the oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. You will know it is done when most of the liquid has disappeared and the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese and parmesan overtop.
- Let the dish cool for 5–10 minutes before serving.
Note: Although you can make these scalloped potatoes in a glass baking pan, cleaning the pan afterward can be challenging. Save yourself the hassle and use a disposable aluminum pan instead.