This delicious salad is healthy in a way you’ve never experienced before. It’s soft yet crunchy, warm yet crisp and healthy yet decadent. Your taste buds will love it, and your waistline will too!
Avocado and goat cheese salad
Serving size 4
This hearty salad is a source of several major food groups and is delicious to boot. It is loaded with proteins, vitamins and minerals to leave you feeling satisfied. It’s great as a starter or even as a meal if you throw some grilled chicken or a shrimp skewer on top. So make use of this easy recipe whenever you get a chance!
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, slice in half lengthwise
- 8-10 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat the sunflower seeds, pine nuts and olive oil in a frying pan on low heat. While this warms, use the time to combine the lettuce, tomatoes, parsley, goat cheese and avocado.
- Once the nuts become lightly browned, remove them from heat. Wait a minute for them to cool slightly, then add the oregano, salt, mustard and balsamic vinegar. Mix together.
- Pour dressing over the salad, and mix well to further break up the cheese and avocado.
- Serve immediately so that the salad is a touch warmed by the cooked dressing.
Note: Feel free to substitute any other nuts or seeds you have on hand if these are unavailable. You can also add any of your other favourite salad vegetables for added flavour.