This is the perfect please-everyone-including-your-kids recipe. It’s easy, healthy and inexpensive, and each pizza can be customized exactly to each dinner guest’s tastes. What more could you ask for?
Make-your-own mini pizzas
Serving size 4
These little pizzas are perfect as a quick and healthy dinner or even to serve at your child’s next birthday bash. They’re totally customizable, so they’re sure to please even your pickiest eaters!
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 1 bag pepperoni slices
- 1 bag shredded cheese
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place each topping in its own small bowl.
- Invite your family or guests to one by one grab a pita and layer it up with all their desired toppings.
- Lay all the dressed-up pitas on a pan, and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- When the cheese has melted and the pitas have browned slightly, remove them from the oven and serve.
Note: These toppings are just suggestions. Feel free to include all your and your guests’ favourites. If you know you have some Hawaiian lovers, pick up some ham and pineapple. Or for a Mediterranean flare, grab some feta, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. This dinner is totally customizable, so have fun with it!