A delicious mint mojito is not only the perfect summer drink to end your day, it also puts your summer herb garden to great use. This delightful combination of fresh mint and lime is sublimely refreshing and will soon be your new favourite summer cocktail. With this easy recipe there should be no excuses. So put your mixology skills to test and muddle yourself up a delicious mint mojito!
- 1 1/2 ounces clear white rum
- 10 whole mint leaves
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 lime wedges
- Splash of lime-flavoured soda
Special equipment: mixing glass, shaker tin, muddler and strainer
- Fill mixing glass halfway with crushed ice. Add rum, mint leaves and sugar. Muddle until mint leaves are crushed to pea-sized bits and sugar is dissolved.
- Squeeze lime wedges and drop into glass. Cover with shaker tin and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice, top with a splash of soda and garnish with a mint sprig.
Per serving [minus splash of soda]: 36g carbs; 1g fiber; 1g protein; trace fat; 0mg cholesterol; 6mg sodium; 229 calories