Anyone planning a party knows that having a great party drink is essential. For something different and tasty, serve up peach sangria for your guests! Peach sangria is simple to make and even your guests who aren’t too fond of red wine will be smitten.
Makes 48 servings
- 4-750 ml bottles red wine
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar or measured sugar substitute equivalent
- 4 cups (16 oz) sliced frozen peaches
- 2 Granny Smith apples — peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 medium oranges sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks, halved
- 3 litres lemon-lime flavoured (regular or diet) carbonated beverage or flavoured soda water depending on if you want it to be more or less sweeter.
- In a large punch bowl, combine red wine, sugar, peaches, apples and cinnamon sticks. Refrigerate for six hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, stir in the lemon-lime soda. Add ice as desired and serve.
This recipe was provided courtesy of the South Carolina Peach Council.
Tyler Florence shows you how to make his favourite summer cocktail.