Fast and easy dinner recipes for a stress-free dinnertime
Between long work days and busy school days, it can be hard to prepare a home-cooked dinner. These five quick, kid-friendly recipes can be made in about 10 minutes and are sure to satisfy. Do you have 10 minutes? Then you've got dinner!
Plan in advance
Decide a time for you and your family to eat.
Check the kitchen to make sure you've got all of the ingredients you need.
Pre-chop veggies and keep them in the refrigerator and place the pots you'll need on your stove. This saves time when you finally get home, because you won't be trying to pull together everything you need to make a meal.
Sit down for the meal
Most importantly, if you're taking the time to prepare and cook a meal at home, make sure you take the time to sit down and eat with your family. Of all the benefits a home-cooked family dinner offers, the greatest is being able to spend quality time with your family.
Broccoli, cheese & potato soup
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the flowers off of the head of the broccoli and save the remaining parts for another meal.
- Cook the broccoli in the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the broccoli is soft (about five minutes).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 2 cans pork and beans
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add bell pepper and onions. Cook in oil until softened (about five minutes).
- Mix in all other ingredients. Stir and heat until very hot.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro then serve.