21 Ways to cook and bake with leftover red wine
The day after hosting a dinner party, you find yourself with odds and ends of almost-empty wine bottles. What do you do? Well, do not throw them out!
Throwing out wine should be illegal. So much hard work by the winemakers is in every drop, so to value their hard work and effort to make delicious wine, we've put together a list of recipes in which you can use red wine to the last drop.
1. Pan-seared filet of sirloin with red wine sauce recipe
Image: The Slow Roasted Italian
If you're looking for a special recipe for a weekend meal, then this pan-seared filet of sirloin with red wine sauce is just the right one.
2. Red wine risotto recipe
Image: What's Gaby Cooking
Consider making this red wine risotto, a twist on the classic risotto and with a gorgeous color.
3. Pressure cooker red wine beef stew recipe
Image: The Little Kitchen
These cold, chilly winter days are perfect for stews like this pressure cooker red wine beef stew.
4. Wine-glazed mushrooms and potatoes recipe
Image: What's Gaby Cooking
These wine-glazed mushrooms and potatoes would make the perfect side dish to any holiday meal.
5. Red wine strip steaks recipe
Image: Baked Bree
Leftover wine is perfect for sauces, like in this recipe for red wine strip steaks.
6. One-pot 45-minute coq au vin recipe
Image: Half Baked Harvest
Coq au vin is a classic French dish, and this one-pot 45-minute coq au vin simplifies the recipe for a quick meal.
7. Red wine portobello burgers recipe
Image: Spiced Blog
Who says grilling is just for the summer? These red wine portobello burgers are a great idea to get husbands and wives out there on the grill.
8. Steakhouse onions and mushrooms in red wine sauce recipe
Image: Katie's Cucina
A classic at steakhouse restaurants, this steakhouse onions and mushrooms in red wine sauce recipe is fantastic to make at home and will make you feel like you're at a fancy restaurant.
9. Lasagna with creamy red wine sauce recipe
Image: Allyson Kramer
How amazing does this lasagna with creamy red wine sauce look? Italians would be proud!
10. Red wine-braised short ribs with polenta recipe
Braising is the ideal winter cooking technique, and this recipe for red wine-braised short ribs with polenta would make a fantastic meal when you have guests over.
11. Red wine-chocolate cupcakes recipe
Image: Table for Two
Treat yourself to these red wine-chocolate cupcakes.
12. Poached pears in red wine with vanilla custard sauce recipe
Image: A Family Feast
These poached pears in red wine with vanilla custard sauce are such an impressive dessert to serve at holiday dinner parties.
13. Slow-roasted spicy strawberries in balsamic vinegar and red wine recipe
Image: Eat the Love
Serve these slow-roasted spicy strawberries in balsamic vinegar and red wine over vanilla bean ice cream for a delicious yet simple dessert.
14. Manischewitz red wine Jell-O shots recipe
Image: What Jew Wanna Eat
We're loving this ingenious idea of making Jell-O shots out of wine, like these Manischewitz red wine Jell-O shots.
15. Red wine buttercream frosting recipe
Image: Eats Well with Others
Add a dollop of this red wine buttercream frosting to cakes and cupcakes, or even sandwich it between cookies or whoopie pies.
16. Double chocolate and red wine cookies recipe
Image: Healthy Delicious
Dunk these double chocolate and red wine cookies into milk for a sweet afternoon treat.
17. Pinot noir chocolate brownies recipe
Image: Creative Culinary
Pinot noir chocolate brownies — a decadent and indulgent piece of heaven.
18. Red wine chocolate doughnuts recipe
Wake up to a dozen of these red wine chocolate doughnuts, and your day will go happily.
19. Red wine chicken and mushrooms recipe
This red wine chicken and mushroom dish might take a few hours to make, but it is well worth the wait.
20. Dark chocolate Pavlovas with red wine-soaked strawberries and red wine syrup recipe
Image: Food Done Light
Pavlovas are such a light dessert to serve, and this recipe for dark chocolate pavlovas with red wine-soaked strawberries and red wine syrup has us drooling.
21. Wine-poached pear and almond rugelach recipe
Image: Little Ferraro Kitchen
End the day with a couple of these wine-poached pear and almond rugelach, a sweet treat.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.