Brie, apple and fig jam tostadas are a Mexican spin on the cheese board
If you know me, you know how much I love Mexican food and how much I love modern, elegant recipes. Trying to figure out how to use up some tostada shells I had on hand along with a few simple ingredients such as apples and Brie, this recipe was born.
The sweet apples really pair well with Brie cheese, and I even went a step further and topped these off with delicious fig jam. If you enjoy the simple yet elegant flavors found on a classic cheese board, then this recipe will be a keeper. I say crack open a bottle of wine to serve with these lovely tostadas.
Cheese board tostadas with fig jam recipe
Modern meets Mexican with this fun spin on a tostada. Fresh apples, Brie cheese and fig jam are served on crispy tostada shells.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 5 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 8 corn tostada shells
- 1 round Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 medium Fuji apple, sliced thin
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tostada shells on the baking sheet.
- Divide the sliced Brie cheese among the tostada shells, and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from the oven, top each tostada with fresh slices of apples and a spoonful of fig jam, and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Best served immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.