Hot spiced apple cider with a twist will make you feel warm and fuzzy
This spicy apple cider is made with green tea and two types of citrus — lemon and orange. I like to think of this cider as "fuzzy slipper worthy." Meaning, it's the perfect warm drink to enjoy with fuzzy slippers on while relaxing somewhere comfy and cozy.
This cider also has a little kick to it from a spice mixture that's quick and easy to make. I like it because it's not too sweet, and the hint of citrus is a nice complement to the apple and cinnamon. So make yourself some of this cider, put on your fuzzy slippers, and get comfy and cozy. You deserve it.
Spiced citrus apple cider and green tea blend recipe
This hot and spicy apple cider is made with green tea, lemon, orange and a blend of spice and cinnamon. It's the perfect drink for a cold winter day or night.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups prepared green tea
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup orange juice (no pulp)
- 3 slices dried apple rings (for the cider and garnish)
- 2 slices orange
- 1 slice lemon
- 2 cinnamon sticks (for the spice bag)
- Zest from 1/2 a lemon
- Zest from 1/2 an orange
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Small piece of cheesecloth and cooking twine
- 3 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Heat a medium-size pan on low heat, and add the green tea, apple juice, lemon juice and orange juice. Stir together.
- Add the slices of orange and lemon and the dried apple rings to the pan.
- In the middle of a small piece of cheesecloth, add the cinnamon sticks, lemon zest, orange zest and allspice. Pull up the corners of the cheesecloth, and tie them together to make a small bag.
- Add the spice bag to the pan.
- Let cook for about 20 minutes, until the cider is hot.
- Serve hot, and garnish each cup with a stick of cinnamon and dried apple ring.