Candy canes start popping up right after Thanksgiving and somehow appear on our kitchen counters, whether or not we remember buying them (how did those get here?).
We’re exploring new ways to use up these candy canes instead of just eating them as is. These recipes are a great way to get kids and teenagers involved in the kitchen.
1. Candy cane kiss brownies recipe
Blog: Chocolate Moosey
Chocolate and candy canes come together to make these delicious candy cane kiss brownies a part of your holiday baking.
2. Festive chocolate-dipped Oreo sandwich cookie recipe
These festive chocolate-dipped Oreo sandwich cookies are a fun project for young children.
3. Candy cane cocktail with homemade candy cane-infused vodka recipe
Blog: Boulder Locavore
Adults are also allowed to have a little candy cane fun. Try making this candy cane cocktail with homemade candy cane-infused vodka.
4. Homemade peppermint hot chocolate mix recipe
Stop buying the store-bought stuff, and make this homemade peppermint hot chocolate mix, the perfect hostess gift idea.
5. Candy cane crunch milkshake recipe
Blog: I Wash… You Dry
Wake up the kiddos on Christmas morning with tall glasses of this candy cane crunch milkshake.
6. Boozy peppermint eggnog latte recipe
We’re loving this boozy peppermint eggnog latte — get your holiday drink and caffeine fix all in one.
7. Candy cane crunch Krispies Treats recipe
Blog: Picky Palate
A family favorite, these candy cane crunch Krispies Treats are a fun snow day project with the kids.
8. Candy cane-Oreo truffles recipe
A tasty two-bite treat, these candy cane-Oreo truffles make a great edible gift idea for teachers.
9. Candy cane fudge recipe
Blog: Recipe Girl
Who doesn’t love a good fudge recipe? This candy cane fudge is a great alternative to chocolate fudge.
10. Peppermint stick frozen yogurt recipe
If you’re lucky enough to live in a state that craves frozen yogurt during the winter, then be sure to make this peppermint stick frozen yogurt to cool down.
11. Double chocolate candy cane cookies recipe
Blog: Love from the Oven
The technique of smashing the candy canes until pulverized and using the “candy cane sugar” as added flavor is ingenious in these double chocolate candy cane cookies.
12. Peppermint meringues recipe
Light as air, these peppermint meringues are perfect after a heavy holiday dinner, when all you want is a bite of sweetness.
13. Chocolate-stout candy cane cake recipe
Blog: The Beeroness
Beer isn’t just for drinking, so grab a slice of this chocolate-stout candy cane cake, and pair it with your favorite holiday beer.
14. Peppermint-white chocolate soufflé recipe
Light and airy, soufflés love to make an appearance at the holiday table, and this peppermint-white chocolate soufflé doesn’t want to be left behind.
15. Striped candy cane white hot chocolate recipe
Blog: Always Order Dessert
Sip on a glass of this striped candy cane white hot chocolate on those snow days when you can work from home.
16. Chocolate martini with crushed peppermint rim recipe
Is it 5 o’clock yet? We’re cheering with this chocolate martini with a crushed peppermint rim.
17. Candy cane toffee recipe
Looking for edible gift ideas? This candy cane toffee is perfect for gifting this holiday season.
18. Peppermint ice cream and eggnog float recipe
A fun take on dessert, this peppermint ice cream and eggnog float is a tasty recipe to slurp at the end of a meal.
19. Peppermint candy cane Bundt cake recipe
Blog: Crunchy Creamy Sweet
We’re loving the gorgeous colors in this peppermint candy cane Bundt cake.
20. Chocolate-candy cane smoothie recipe
Blog: Always Order Dessert
The sweetness of this chocolate-candy cane smoothie comes naturally from dates, so it’s definitely a healthy smoothie.
21. Candy cane-Oreo cookie balls recipe
Serve these up alongside your traditional pies and holiday desserts, and watch these candy cane-Oreo cookie balls be devoured.